Monday, November 11, 2013

Awesome, Easy, Animoto!

After signing up for a free account at Animoto, a site for creating personal or business videos, I was able to very easily navigate through the site and create my very own video geared toward travel in Paris. I was surprised at just how easy and quick this was to use. First, after creating an account, you choose a theme for your presentation, then upload the photos that you want to include, followed by text and pre-selected music (or, you may choose to upload your own music).

Even though the videos only last for thirty seconds and their is a limit to the amount of content that can be uploaded, I feel that this type of digital storytelling would be extremely effective in the foreign language or ESL classroom. As a teacher, I could create photo stories with my own pictures from travels (as I did in this video of Paris), or any other type of video that is not readily available on the internet. And for classroom activities and projects, I think this would be engaging and fun for students to create their own videos to share with their classmates!


Copy of Faire un Sejour A Paris

2 comments: